Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Calem!















Dear Calem,

I can't believe you are 3 years old already! Today is a beautiful fall day, exactly like the one we brought you home on three years ago. The sun is shining bright, the sky is the perfect shade of blue with little puffy clouds and there is a nippy, crisp breeze in the air. I can vividly remember holding your tiny little body in my arms--all wrapped up in a tiny blanket that would barely cover you to your knees now.


You were a cute baby the moment you arrived, but at 3 the cuteness has reached a whole new level. Just shy of three feet tall, you are my pocket-sized bundle of energy, mirth and mischief. It is an amazing and wonderful thing to watch you grow and change and learn. I love so many things about you--you are very funny, you are creative and imaginative, you are curious and love to learn things. I love how you talk. ...And talk and talk and talk... that you converse with us like a miniature adult, and that you are able to capture the heart of every stranger we meet when they hear you talk. You say funny things. You say sweet things. You say smart things. You say things that make no sense at all. But your voice is endearing and I look forward to talking to you every single morning.


From three months to three years, the time has flown by. It wouldn't be truthful to say I've savored EVERY moment, because there have been more than a handful of trying ones. However, I'm enjoying who you are and who you are becoming. You are a joy. Happy birthday, my first-born son! Mommy loves you!


No comments: