Monday, September 29, 2008

No More Babies...



It is done. My second born has left babyhood and is officially a bonified toddler. His lovely, unruly, most-of-the-time messy baby curls have vanished . Where I recently looked upon my sweet, cherub-faced baby, I now see a handsome clean-cut little boy.
















I can't believe how much they change when that baby hair is snipped away. I wanted to cry as I watched the soft curls fall to the ground. I didn't feel at all sad when Calem got his first haircut, but then again, perhaps knowing I was soon to have a brand new head of baby hair to pet, snuggle and smell in a mere 2 months was enough to quell the emotion. But this time I don't yet have a replacement baby on deck, ready to fill the void. So, it's true--I have no more babies. Only little men.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this website Lorie!! It is a great way for us to keep up with your beautiful family :-) The boys look great and we have enjoyed the "meatloaf" video - Sara keeps asking to see it again and again!
Talk to you soon.
Love, Julie

Jennifer Godale said...

Who is that young man that you replaced Isaac with??? He looks very handsome!