Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sitting Pretty

This is what I've been waiting for!

At just slightly shy of 6 months, Grant is a full-fledged sitter!! Unassisted, unwobbly, happy-go-lucky sitter! I am so excited for him, and he is proud of himself. Now, he just loves to sit and play with toys around him, but mostly watch the action as his big brothers zoom past in a flurry of loud activity. I firmly believe babies reach a whole new level of contentment when they finally master the art of sitting up. What a wonderful new view of the world and what freedom to be able to reach for stuff and look around. This is my favorite milestone, and I intend for him to be an immobile sitter for a good long time, hopefully until summer is out. No tummy time for this little guy, now that he can sit up straight. We wouldn't want him to get the idea he could start crawling and chasing any of that big brother action! No sir-ee!

1 comment:

Jennifer Godale said...

Great job Grant! Avery can sit, but won't stay there long... she drops to her tummy immediately to either roll to what she wants, or slither. She doesn't crawl at all, but she can get all the way across the living room (the long way) in a matter of a few minutes. Now keeping small toys off the floor is not only a challenge but a necessity!