Saturday, November 28, 2009

Welcome to Our Family!

On November 23 at 10:13pm my long and cumbersome pregnancy finally came to a blissful end, and we joyfully welcomed our third baby boy into our family!!!! At 7lb. 9oz. he cried heartily and sported a full head of dark hair. Big and pink and healthy, we couldn't be happier, but he needed a name! Once again, we had been unable to commit to a boy's name prior to the birth.

But by the next afternoon, we had decided on Grant Martin Justice Nagy. It seems to fit him, and will be a good strong name as he grows into a man.

It's still surreal to believe that I am a mother to three boys. I am outnumbered in this family, for sure, but I will certainly take three boys over three girls any day!!! What mom wouldn't want three strapping young men to take care of her in her old age?

Welcome, baby Grant! You are a blessing and we love you so, so much already. We can't wait to watch you grow and learn and develop your special and unique personality. My only word of advice for you is to learn to be tough quick, because your big brothers aren't likely to go easy on you!

2 comments:

Jennifer Godale said...

I won't take you three girl comment too personally :)!

Congrats! What a handsome little man.

And I am thrilled that your tough pregnancy is finally over! You were a real trooper.

Welcome Grant!

Lorie said...

Oh yes, nothing personal to you and my friend Beth, both with the three girls. It's just that I don't think I would make a very good all-girls mom! :-) The noise and physicality may get to me now, with the boys, but the drama with the girls in the later years might just put me over the edge!!!!