Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow fun, or 'sno fun?

We had a heat wave on Monday!! 35 degrees. Why, I even went to my MOPS meeting sans coat. (Me, not the boys. I'm still a responsible mom) Crazy how warped our sense of warm has gotten with the weeks upon weeks of endless frigidity and snowfall upon snowfall has made us.

To celebrate the warm(er) weather, I bundled up the kids--which took about half an hour--and headed outside. Isaac loudly protested through the whole process and through the whole outdoor adventure. I guess I don't blame him, since our snow is so deep it came up to his armpits, in certain parts of the yard. Calem warmed up to the idea once he learned to follow the path I'd already made in the snow, making it easier for him to trek through the white stuff.


Calem helped me build a snow man, and had the very imortant job of giving him a nose and arms. I think he looks cute. When Frosty was finished Calem announced he was ready for hot cocoa.

25 minutes, 6 sloppy boots, 10 wet mittens, 3 snowy coats, 2 hats and one very unhappy Isaac later, we headed back inside and made hot cocoa. The end.

No comments: